Author Topic: Need a Rear Pull Off  (Read 1441 times)

Offline MrEarl

Need a Rear Pull Off
« on: June 30, 2019, 04:57:52 PM »
Not fining a rear pull off for '79 403 Quadrajet on a '79 Buick Estate Wagon carb #17059553 in your store Cliff. Can you please direct me

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Need a Rear Pull Off
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 12:00:54 AM »
We don't stock them do to lack of interest and that the rear pull-off isn't needed on those models. 

At most I get an inquiry once or twice a year for them, and we don't use them on any of the later carbs we build here as custom units, just the front one.

Many of those will also have a bleed hole in them so them come in slow, which is a vacuum leak and sucks in dirty unfiltered air......Cliff

Offline MrEarl

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 04:49:14 AM »
Yea, sorta figured that,  I had read that in your book but am trying a couple band aid things on mine (replacing chokes and accelerator pump) until I can get it to you for a full rebuild. It is on an Estate Wagon we use to pull a 26 ft Airstream and have a couple trips planned. While I've got you, whats the current turnaround time for a complete rebuild right now.

Offline MrEarl

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 04:53:50 AM »
so let me ask, if as you say they aren't needed, can I simply disengage the one on my carb or? 

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 03:01:29 AM »
If your carb has a front pull-off that opens the choke and has a link up to the secondary airflap shaft you don't need the rear pull-off.  It can be removed or just put a steel ball in the hose going to it........Cliff