Author Topic: Dutchess  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Dutchess
« on: July 14, 2019, 04:46:52 AM »
We took Dutchess on her last walk yesterday.  Nearly 16 years of full dedication to me and my family.  She never missed the opportunity to kill a mouse in the shop, or to take a ride to town with us.  She traveled with us Coast to Coast and many long trips over the years.  She would walk right into hotel lobbies without a leash and never stray over a foot from my side.  She was one of the best and we're sure going to miss her.......Cliff

Offline Dave57

Re: Dutchess
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 04:14:05 PM »
Sorry for you and your's Cliff. I think the hardest thing I've ever had to do yet was put my dog down.

Offline StillLearning

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 05:45:49 PM »
Missed Jake, my Springer Spaniel, a lot more than my first wife.....Sorry to hear your dog has passed on.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 06:42:29 PM »
I've had to do this a few times but this time it's worse as Duchess was absolutely the best dog I've had over the years.  I've had a couple that were close, but she tops the list in all areas.

We made a head stone for her grave today.  I asked my 4 year old grand daughter what she wanted me to carve on it, she said "we love you".

What makes all of this even harder is that I like my dogs more than most people.  If you ever think your wife loves you more than your dog......lock them both up in a trunk for half an hour and see which one is glad to see you when you get back!.....LOL......Cliff

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 07:59:06 PM »
VERY Sorry for this Cliff. We love our dogs. You were blessed to have had a long life of love with her. .. R.I.P Duchess...