Author Topic: Happy veterans day to cliff and all veterans  (Read 1361 times)

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
Happy veterans day to cliff and all veterans
« on: November 10, 2019, 06:18:01 PM »
hope you have a happy veterans day cliff and all others on this site.
thank you all for your service to our country.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Happy veterans day to cliff and all veterans
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 05:05:46 AM »
Many thanks!

There are a lot of good deals out there today for Veterans.  Free coffee at Starbucks and lunch at Bob Evans are on my list. 

A local Italian place is offering a spaghetti and meatball dinner so we'll be stopping by there this evening........Cliff

Offline Mudsport96

• Carb lover
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 12:23:02 PM »
Ditto. Thank you to all that have and are serving

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 04:58:35 AM »
The Italian place was a big hit, wait time was over an hour when I got there.  Mostly Korean and Vietnam Vets.

Dad would have loved it, he passed in 2015 but served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam retiring in 1972.......Cliff

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 05:03:39 AM »
Dad actually started out in the Merchant Marine at the start of the war, on supply ships.  He seldom talked about any war stuff, but did mention that a supply ship he was on early in the war sank and when it listed over he slid off the deck and over the rail, but a hand reached down and pulled him to safety.  He never said who it was but we were sure thankful for it......

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 08:25:17 PM »
I've always supported the vets here in wyoming . the money goes directly to the ones in the community
im not a vet  missed the draft for vietnam and to dam old for the gulf war.but i treasure what they've
done and i have a lot of friends . and they always come to me for donations. i have to say the best supporters in our community are the bikers .the crazy buzzards no pun intended will ride there bikes
when its well below freezing .thats a lot of support . they got a deal going on sat night so i bought 5 tickets even tho i may not be able to go.
thanks again for your service.