Author Topic: secondary hanger cross referance +1  (Read 1160 times)

Offline unruhjonny

• Carb lover
secondary hanger cross referance +1
« on: August 28, 2019, 09:01:20 AM »
I did some searching here, and came up with nothing of substance.

I am trying to figure out which secondary hanger part number is for which letter code hanger.
This gets further complicated because:
1) The part number assigned to the 'secondary metering rod holder kit' (which contains the hanger and small screw) is just that, a kit, and not the hanger itself.
2) according to my Doug Roe Quadrajet book*, on page 251 is says that the only service hanger is part number 70354522, which is the 'V' hanger.
* = the original good one, not the latter condensed garbage one; HPbooks-35; mine shows a copyright date of 1973, but is also a 12th printing.

I see that Ethan in his attempt to help people has said several times that the hanger for a given application number is the '522 number - but he says it's a 'K' hanger, which confuses me because it contradicts the information from the Doug Roe book...

I have a small collection of Pontiac Quadrajets, and I have collected parts and literature, some of which is the yearly Rochester carburetor chart books;
This book shows a '522 for all four 1969 Pontiac Quadrajets

I have a nice little collection of these hangers, and I have been as my schedule permits, fixing up Pontiac Quadrajets to be correct for their original intended configuration, so this begs the questions;

1) Does anyone have a cross reference for Quadrajet secondary hanger part number versus stamped letter code?

and

2) Does anyone know the original letter/number code for the secondary hanger on (oh lets say at this time) 1969 Pontiac Quadrajets?

My principal focus is on 1968-1974 Pontiac Quadrajets.

Offline 4ever18

• Carb lover
Re: secondary hanger cross referance +1
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 06:42:24 AM »
JU,
Were you ever able to develop this information?
Jay

Offline Kenth

• Jet Head
Re: secondary hanger cross referance +1
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 08:28:58 AM »
I have found:

1) There is no and has never been any cross reference for the hanger letters to part-#.

2) There is no and has never been a specific number on the hangers other than 7034522.

The 7034522 was the first style hanger used 1965-67 and this hanger can be bent to desired height or to the height described in the specifications manual.
1968 and later the B-V letter style hanger were used and chosen by the Rochester engineers at the flow test.