Author Topic: Q-Jet accelerator pump roll-pin  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Schurkey

• Carb lover
Q-Jet accelerator pump roll-pin
« on: October 10, 2020, 02:10:07 PM »
( searched for "accelerator pump lever" and "roll pin" and got no hits.)

Played with a '77 Chevy 350 pickup Q-Jet yesterday.  My friend "rebuilt" it.  That is, he fumble-fingered the thing til I couldn't stand it any more, then I put it back together with new gaskets.

Something I don't remember from other Q-Jets:  The accelerator pump lever pivots on a tiny little roll-pin.  The airhorn casting did not have a hole drilled all the way through for the pin to fit into.  I usually just smack the pin with a thin punch, push it through towards the choke tower to free the pump lever, and therefore the linkage down to the throttle body.

Since this casting didn't have a through-hole, we had to leave the lever in place.  Made things more difficult.

HOW would you ever get that roll-pin out? I don't like the idea of drilling a steel roll pin shoved into a soft-metal casting.
Demand compensation from Communist China for the damage done by the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Lab, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19).  Trillions of dollars, plus direct compensation to individuals for medical bills, and "wrongful death" settlements.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Q-Jet accelerator pump roll-pin
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 02:53:21 AM »
https://cliffshighperformance.com/product/accelerator-pump-rods

Leave the lever in place and install one of these.  Just cut the old one and remove it.......Cliff