Author Topic: Throttle Plate ID for a 7040273  (Read 1322 times)

Offline lintmann

• Garage guy
Throttle Plate ID for a 7040273
« on: April 17, 2021, 06:33:12 PM »
Hey Guys I was wondering if someone could help me ID this throttle body assy and the levers. I'm pretty sure it is original to my 7040273 carb but just wanted to be sure.

The casting is 7037174 which I think is correct however it was also used on other quadrajets of the era so that is only a clue. Hopefully it will have some other features that someone could use to confirm it's the correct throttle body assy.

My other question was about the primary throttle shaft/levers. Which one would be correct for this carb, the one that is in the body or the one beside it)? The one that is installed is the one that I believe to be correct. If you look closely at the small levers on the choke side, you will see that it is more pointed that the one that is not installed. Also, the radius of this one where the plates attach in the bore is quite sharp where as the one (green one) that is not installed has an obvious radius. Not that this radius should matter but it might help to ID the correct shaft.

Any help is appreciated as I'm about to rebuild this carb and want to have it as correct as possible.

Offline Kenth

• Jet Head
Re: Throttle Plate ID for a 7040273
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 11:55:39 PM »
I would say yours is correct, comparing it to my original 7040270 plate.
Your spare shaft is from another carb obviously.

Offline lintmann

• Garage guy
Re: Throttle Plate ID for a 7040273
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 07:16:15 PM »
Thanks Kenth, that makes me feel better knowing all three main parts are correct.  :)

Would you be able to tell what the other throttle shaft is from?