Quadrajet Problem Solving > Quadrajet Parts and Numbers

17053508 off a 1977 GMC RV with front fuel inlet?

(1/1)

Amplitude:
So, I have run across a QJet for sale that supposedly came off a running engine out of a 1977 GMC RV. But it has a front fuel inlet, and the casting number:17053508 doesn't match that application. I currently have a 17059253 that I was going to rebuild, but was wondering if the baseplates might be the same between these two, as my throttle shafts are really worn out and will need bushed.

Or should I build this other carb instead. Knowing that it supposedly just came off a running engine gives me allot more confidence than mine which I bought and found to be a little worn out, and looking like someone had just disassembled and attempted a rebuild before slapping it back together.

Also wondering if he just googled quadrajet photos and the picture he posted isn't what he's actually selling.

Mudsport96:
Well, the picture i cant see so no help there. But, the awesome GMC rvs were powered by 455 oldsmobile engines. So they should have front inlet carbs.
They basically had the front drive setups from the toronados kinda neat if you look up videos on how they were designed.
As for the specs on the carb, im not super positive on the specs at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version