Author Topic: Price Increase  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Price Increase
« on: January 22, 2022, 07:05:57 AM »
We are getting ready to raise prices.  Due to COVID and other factors with the economy the price for parts has went up over 100 percent on some items and some are up over 400 percent.

Shipping has also went up across the board for all carriers so we will see an increase there as well. 

Our customers can rest assured that I will still be provided the highest quality parts in this industry along with the most complete and correct rebuild kits.  I also back up my rebuild kits with full customer support.  Keep that in mind when you return to Pep Boys and ask the purple haired kid standing behind the counter with his face in his cell phone questions about which gaskets to use, or specific settings for the carburetor you are working on.

When you "Google" to save money or use over the counter or cheaper parts from other suppliers you are NOT getting the same quality and correct parts that I am offering.  Other vendors and even a few folks who post on here have questioned that fact and try to convince others that what I offer is no better than what you get elsewhere.  That's complete and utter BS and no one else in this industry offers a lifetime warranty on the key components they sell because I will replace them even if you are running them is E-85 or straight ethanol/methanol no questions asked.

I know that Amazon, Ebay and Google set the standard for purchasing and other vendors for carburetor parts are catering to that fact.  I refuse to substitute cheaper and lower quality parts to be competitive with pricing. 

So rest assured that you will continue to get the best parts out there and that many of them are much higher quality that what others are selling.  Currently I'm having over 35 parts made in the USA that will be off-shore from other sources.  Specifically the accl pump seal, pump springs and many of the gaskets are much lower quality and coming in from China, Korea, Turkey and Mexico.

I encourage folks buying parts and kits to call the shop directly if you have questions.  I can save money as well by putting together a custom rebuilt kit for exactly what you are doing which also takes the guesswork out of the equation.

If you call the shop leave a good number and clear message that you need parts, rebuild kit etc.....tks.....Cliff

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Price Increase
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 05:34:03 AM »
To the top.

Price increases will be implemented in the next few days.  It's just part of the evolution of things and accelerated by COVID. 

Every time I order parts they cost more than the previous order. 

If I order 10 items 2 will be back-ordered without any idea when they will be in stock again.

Suppliers are having all sorts of issues with raw material shortages compounded by labor shortages, imagine that.  Kind of funny but every single time I go to a store, out to eat, etc, there will be a sign in the front door or window saying "Hiring ALL Positions".  So I guess it trickles down to just about everyone out there trying to make a living.

Good new so far is that the USA sources I have make my parts are still in business and able to keep up so far. 

Accl pump sales have been off the charts but I'm good to go on stock for those items.  I went public with the truth about the "blue" seals that are showing up in all the kits available and it took a while but folks are now realizing that this "soft" material is not compatible with modern fuel blends and is going to fail.  Not a matter of "if", it's a matter of when.  My accl pumps are lifetime warranty, and since 2005 I haven't had to replace a single one of them.

Anyhow, I'm at least 2-3 days behind on filling orders as I decided to take the weekend off and enjoy myself a bit, so be patient, if you have an order in I'll get to it ASAP.

I'd also add here that books more times than not ship via USPS Medial Mail, so will not show up in the same package as kits and other parts you orders.........tks......Cliff