Author Topic: Quadrajet install on 1971 360 Javelin SST  (Read 782 times)

Offline joseph lamb

Quadrajet install on 1971 360 Javelin SST
« on: May 19, 2022, 09:52:54 AM »
Quick information on my Qjet project . Built a 17057204 APT carb to operate on my Javelin 360 AMC . Bought all new goodies from Cliff and spent alot of hours cleaning and dialing in this carb . New tubes , new float , new bushings , all new good kit . Painted the Q with Duplicolor gold wheel paint and it is good stuff . Took off 600 Edelbrock which was afresh rebuilt and ran pretty well.
Mr Gasket 30 dollar adapter plate for install on stock 71 intake . I will tell you this was a project well worth the effort . This car is running great all the time and no vapor lock !!Thanks Cliff.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Quadrajet install on 1971 360 Javelin SST
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 02:59:03 AM »
Good news!  As popular as the Edelbrock carburetors are in this hobby I'm not fond of them here, especially the fact that there is not adjustment for transition onto the secondaries.......

Offline quadrajam

• Carb lover
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 08:24:51 AM »
Nothing beats a Ruggles recipe Q-jet. You will find it to be more fuel
efficient as well.

Offline joseph lamb

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 05:52:07 PM »
I love any carburetor , and not a fan of modern aftermarket fuel injection . My friends have speed shops and repair shops kept real busy trying to "fix " these fuel injection wonders .
I have repaired probably 100 carbs in my days , but this is really the FIRST time I have really spent the time and money learning the product and really understanding the Q jet . I have about 11 Cores and look forward to the next build .
What really is great is the Q jet is not vapor locking on my 360 Javelin even after a 10 minute idle in 95 degree weather and high Tampa humidity . Drives off hot with zero problem . That will never happen on my car using my Holley 4150 . Good day to all !!