Author Topic: Pontiac 400 on Richard Holdener youtube  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Mudsport96

• Carb lover
Pontiac 400 on Richard Holdener youtube
« on: June 30, 2022, 04:29:27 AM »
Dont know who all follows Richard Holdener on YouTube but he is doing a 400 Pontiac for a family friend the way i understand it. It had already been mostly assembled and he is just dynoing it for them and may do a cam swap.
So it apparently has 6x heads i guess with flat tops, and a stock cam as far as anyone knows. Scorpion rockers ad flow tech headers.
He is going to run the 2G carb and intake, then a quadrajet carb and intake, then a quick fuel carb with spacer.
It also has a cam and spring package with it he may put in. Seems to be a crower 60242
280/286 221/229@.050 112lsa .456i/.468e lift

Will be interestin to see. Not sure he has all the parts to do a good tune on the qjet since he said west tech doesnt do much qjet stuff.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Pontiac 400 on Richard Holdener youtube
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 10:53:21 AM »
If he builds the carb and tunes in correctly the Q-jet will make more power on a factory intake than the Demon.

If he uses an aftermarket dual intake with both patterns the Q-jet will still make more power as it lines up directly in the center of the plenum areas vs the square flange Demon carb.

If the q-jet gets it's butt kicked he doesn't know how to build and tune one effectively.

I've been on the dyno scores of times and been asked to do such tests, and to date NOTHING we've ever bolted on, Holley, Demon, Quick Fuel, custom built Holley, etc has outran my 1977 Pontiac Q-jet. 

I even did that test back to back in 2004 when we did the HPP and Popular Hot Rodding Engine Masters articles testing the new KRE heads.  The Q-jet ran quicker at the track a few days later as well.....but of course NO ONE involved with that deal wanted any part of those results!.........

Offline Mudsport96

• Carb lover
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 05:41:09 PM »
Well he hasnt posted the video yet. When he does, i will post a link to it. But, in one of his latest live videos, he said he is giung to recommend to the owners that they install the engine into the car with the factory intake and quadrajet,  which tells me it did well as i would expect 

Offline Mudsport96

• Carb lover
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 12:02:14 PM »
Ok part 1 quadrajet vs the world

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrgx5LA6TQI

Offline Mudsport96

• Carb lover
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 01:56:00 PM »
343hp 412tq for those that dont want to watch the video.
750 quick fuel dyno chart basically overlaps the qjet graph identically.
The next vid is an aluminum intake. Cant wait to see the stock manifold out do the aftermarket haha

Offline Mudsport96

• Carb lover
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 03:37:07 AM »
And here are the results of the performer intake test

331hp and 396 tq. Down everywhere. I called it in his comments the other day lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9AfeMtpi5pc