Author Topic: Free Tech calls to the shop.  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Free Tech calls to the shop.
« on: March 12, 2018, 06:41:13 AM »
Just a reminder that we are no longer taking free tech calls to the shop.  If you have questions post them on the Forum in the appropriate category instead.

Different story if you have purchased parts and have questions or need assistance with them. 

Just keep in mind that our call volume is very heavy, especially this time of year as the warm weather approaches.  If we don't answer, make sure to leave a good /number message and we will call you back or try again at later time.

I return all emails and phone calls, so if for some reason you don't hear back from us the message may have not came through.....thanks.....Cliff

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Free Tech calls to the shop.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 05:41:37 AM »
Bump.

Warm weather is upon us again and call volume to the shop is heavy.

IF you call the shop number speak slowly and leave a short message as to why you are calling and a good phone number.  Simply calling and leaving a return phone number alone isn't telling me why you are calling.

If you need a rebuild kit, tuning parts, or other rebuild parts for your carburetor let me know in the message and have the carburetor part number with you as I'll need it when I call you back.

You'd be shocked at how many folks call and speak so fast I can't even write down the number correctly and don't say why they are calling.  If/when this happens those calls go to the bottom of the return call list.

I'm no longer doing any "free tech", but will help customers dial things in if you have purchased my parts for your carb build.

If you bought your parts elsewhere, like Pep Boys and you are having issues I'd suggest that you make a trip down there and ask the purple haired kid behind the counter with his face in his cell phone how to fix your carburetor!

Not meaning to be a smart-ars here, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to troubleshoot problems if/when you have installed incorrect parts, cheap parts, and parts that will not hold up in this new fuel.........Cliff

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Free Tech calls to the shop.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 04:08:25 AM »
TTT.  As always BURIED in phone calls and orders for kits and parts. 

A few callers were able to sneak in and got past my armor telling me they were calling to buy a kit and parts but just wanted me to crawl thru the phone and fix their chit for free with ENDLESS questions and never intended to buy anything. 

One caller in particular told me he was "on my website" placing an order and needed to know what jet size to ask for.  He also asked about meter rod sizes, recommendations for his combo, idle tube sizes, etc.  By the time I figured out he was on another website placing his order and just pumping me for info it was too late.

Sadly a few make it bad for the many so I am NOT doing any free-tech at all to non-paying customers/callers. 

Don't get me wrong here folks, not trying to be a dick about it, but these days I'm the only one here and my customers get FULL attention and I'm dedicated to make sure that they have a good experience with their purchase and the carburetor they are working on.  Everyone else has to go to the back of the line.

As always post your questions here or go the Facebook Quadrajet Page and bother those guys.  Most of them are completely CLUELESS so tread softly when following much of that advice.

Here I monitor the threads and will jump in if/as needed to make sure the information being provided is correct and applicable to the problems folks are having.