Author Topic: Accelarator pump arm  (Read 1453 times)

Offline jim71400

Accelarator pump arm
« on: June 03, 2024, 02:55:10 AM »
Hi, I just bought a Rochester Q-jet from a swap meet, it’s a 1976 Pontiac 400 carb #17056564 that I intend eventually putting on my basically stock 1971 Pontiac 400 engine after rebuilding the carb. There are a couple of issues with it that I need some advice with. The first thing is that the accelerator pump arm and link were missing. I have a few parts carbs and was wondering if all pump arms and links are interchangeable from old to later units? Also I have a Carter Q jet #17080298 I think off a Holden that I was hoping to take the pump arm from, are these also interchangeable? While I’m asking questions, does anyone know if all Carter parts are interchangeable with Rochesters? The Carter is in very good condition but I’ve never used it as I’m not sure if I can swap parts from Rochesters.
Thanks

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Accelarator pump arm
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 04:08:45 AM »
The pump arms are all pretty much the same.  Early units are slightly different plus have an additional hole in them for the wire than opened the front vent.  The link up to the pump arm came in several varieties, early used a clip on the end for easy removing without having to drive out the roll pin to remove it.....

Offline jim71400

Re: Accelarator pump arm
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2024, 02:36:46 AM »
Thank you, very much appriciated