Author Topic: Edelbrocl 1910  (Read 6397 times)

Offline 77cruiser

• Qjet Hero
Re: Edelbrocl 1910
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 06:18:11 AM »
Jim

Offline kelley555

• Garage guy
Re: Edelbrocl 1910
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 02:00:59 AM »
77 Cruizer,thanks for the info.I believe Cliff is talking about a installing a divider down the center of the adaptor that will feed each side of the plenum of the dual plane equally. These 4 hole adaptor's may work & give more torque,but Cliff's has tested several different spacers extensively on his car/q-jet. I don't need the possible tuning/stumble problem with the new engine. I believe the 4 hole adaptor isn't  exactly what Cliff was speaking about,unless I misunderstood him.  So far,I've only found the Holley sq. bore to a q-jet adaptor in the 4 hole spacer or the open type. Unless their's someone out their I haven't came across,I think it will have to be a custom divider (with small radius notch) added to the adaptor,milled & retained in place by the divider of the intake,by me. So,the divider ht. is actually going to extend below the .750 adaptor by around .350 below the gasket surface. It will  rest on the intake divider with a,so to speak,close to perfect match.This should seal/islolate the open plenums independently on each side of the intake. This should then prevent the turbulence Cliff spoke about & make the dual plane just a little taller. This should make the intake  close to the way the it was originaly,but the small notch. Remember to say a prayer for our soldier's that are serving thru these holidays,merry x-mas. Kelley
Kelley555