Author Topic: secondary pulloff  (Read 2716 times)

Offline Paul

• Carb lover
secondary pulloff
« on: March 09, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »
Cliff, The secondary pulloff on my carb is bad, does your shop have them? Or how tuff would it be to modify the carb to use only a primary pulloff? Carb # 17057266

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: secondary pulloff
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 03:48:31 AM »
We don't stock all of them, but can get them.  I usually don't install them if the primary pull-off is used, unless it is a restoration/show car, etc.....Cliff

Offline Paul

• Carb lover
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 01:53:14 PM »
Thanks, the carb wont be for show. The more I read your book the more im leaning toward removing the choke all together and just having the primary pulloff for the secondary flaps.

Offline Jim Elliott

• Garage guy
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 09:52:44 AM »
We don't stock all of them, but can get them.  I usually don't install them if the primary pull-off is used, unless it is a restoration/show car, etc.....Cliff

Cliff, Does that mean I can just cap OFF the vacuum going to the secondary pull off.

Jim

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 04:16:22 AM »
If the carb uses a primary pull-off with a link up to the secondary airflap shaft, we don't even install the secondary pull-off for most applications.....Cliff

Offline Paul

• Carb lover
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 06:03:21 AM »
Thanks guys. Yes the primary does go to the secondary flaps. The secondary link hooks up at the choke linkage so it wont be missed.

Offline Jim Elliott

• Garage guy
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 08:20:44 AM »
Thank you Cliff, I'll just block off the vacuum line and all should be well.

Jim