Author Topic: Can you get stuff for a ThermoQuad?  (Read 2274 times)

Offline omaha

• Jet Head
Can you get stuff for a ThermoQuad?
« on: July 17, 2011, 05:10:43 PM »
   I know this is a Q-jet forum but, seems like alot of my friends and me are into the Mopars. As often as I suggest using a Q-jet on a mopar, most of the time the suggestion is met with negative remarks. So the question after is "can you rebuild a thermoquad." Actually I am kind of hesitant because I have only done one a long time ago and I am not versed in the pitfalls of rebuilding one. I know they are not that complex but the problem nowadays is where do you get parts? And moreover on the subject, where do you get good quality parts? (like those used in Cliff's kit ) are there alchohol resistant parts available? I have a few TQ's in my stash of carbs. (I remember the tuning of one for HP use can be a bit daunting)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Can you get stuff for a ThermoQuad?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 05:32:40 AM »
I can get parts for TQ's, but don't stock anything for them.  I get 2 to 3 calls a year for them at most, so not enough interest to put anything on the shelf for them.

Everything is avaialble for them, even the low production Mopar units that had the jets coming into the bottom of the airhorn instead of in the main casting.

They even make new bowls for them, but be forewarned, they may need some modification(s) to work correctly....Cliff

Offline fathomblue

Re: Can you get stuff for a ThermoQuad?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 09:39:15 AM »
You might want to give Jon at The Carburetor Shop a call.  He could probably help you out.

http://thecarburetorshop.com/