Author Topic: Buying Parts and Kits  (Read 10696 times)

Offline jhughes76

• Garage guy
Re: Buying Parts and Kits
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 03:53:21 PM »
I think I may just look for another core. I didn't pay a whole lot for this one, and I can probably find one pretty cheap that uses a factory, front pull-off. I can take it as a lesson learned: When buying something on eBay, examine the pictures closely to make sure all parts are present.  :-\

Offline comp

• Garage guy
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 03:58:29 PM »
I think I may just look for another core. I didn't pay a whole lot for this one, and I can probably find one pretty cheap that uses a factory, front pull-off. I can take it as a lesson learned: When buying something on eBay, examine the pictures closely to make sure all parts are present.  :-\

hey you have one for another project

Offline jamesF

• Global Moderator
  • Carb lover
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 01:09:32 PM »
It's very difficult for the average carguy to know if the carb is correct or complete. So many differences...Best to ask for help. Or only pay as if its a core if Pics are not conclusive..
Like Comp said. "It's a project!" Rebuild that puppy anyhow.   ;)

Maybe someday we can create a photo library of the common differences / proper carb-year applications of Pull offs and throttle brackets..
Those seem to be the things that get changed more often?

Offline Hotrodrobert

• Garage guy
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 08:18:18 AM »
Cliff,
I read in another post you mentioned smaller main air bleeds on Chevy carbs.  Do you have parts for that??  How much??

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 02:20:01 PM »
Yes, we include screw in removable airbleeds with our kits for Chevrolet quadrajets that used the large main airbleeds.

The airhorn and main casting must be tapped to install them, about 3 to 3 1/2 turns with a starting tap, just enough so the airbleeds screw in flush with the castings......Cliff

Offline greasemonkeychef

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 10:41:13 AM »
Cliff If am am going to drill out my plug myself . What size should I drill the hole to and what size bolt do you use so I can cut some down at my work. Thanks

Casey ;D

Offline Hotrodrobert

• Garage guy
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 02:01:59 PM »
I have a 1979 Corvette automatic with carb number 17059216.  I need a kit for best performance.  Engine is stock.  Please advise price and time.
Also, I need bushings for the throtle shaft.  I have the tool.

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 08:27:45 AM »
Robert, send us an email to cliffshp@embarqmail.com , or call the shop at 740-397-2921.  We'll get you set up with all the parts needed for a complete/correct rebuild with performance modifications as needed....thanks...Cliff