Author Topic: Removing choke flap  (Read 5899 times)

Offline gtome

• Garage guy
Re: Removing choke flap
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »
Great. It appears I forgot to tap and use the set screw to cover the APT hole. So i have to pull it back apart and do that. Also I believe I was supposed to block some vac hole behind the choke that I didnt do. So i will do that too. I got my RPM intake today and I am going to seperate the crossover from it before I install it. So it will be a couple more days. I really want to get this bolted up before going on vacation Monday.

Offline gtome

• Garage guy
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 02:27:41 PM »
Ok cross your fingers for me. Punched the plug out and got it tapped. Got the vac plugged in the choke. Got the RPM water crossover cut off and cleaned up. I wanted to get it all on today but no one has the Felpro #1233 for my Poncho locally, so I have to wait for that. I may go ahead and bolt the newly built q-jet to the Torker and see what it does.

Offline gtome

• Garage guy
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 05:48:40 AM »
Ok, I got it on, squirted some gas down into the vent, and a little into the primaries, and it fired right off. Doesnt run great but will just barely sit there and idle. When I rev it, it sounds much better. Appears to me to have an air leak somewhere. Going to spend some time this weekend tracking that down.

I was curious though. I put the super thick base gasket on (with the rubber grommets in the bolt holes) and was wondering if that was enough to seal it. Or do I need a regular gasket above and below that?