Author Topic: I need carb linkage  (Read 2183 times)

Offline richreilley

I need carb linkage
« on: February 07, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »
Hi Cliff,
I am a new member. My name is Rich. I live in the bay area,Ca. I am restoring a 1969 GTO Judge. I have a 400 Ram Air IV newly rebuilt. I just removed a temporary 350 2-bbl. I am installing a 4bbl QJ. # 29865 on a stock manifold.
I am not a car buff yet, but learning a great deal along the way. My linkage is not just matching up for me. I need help with what the proper setup is, to be correct. I have submitted pictures with this feed. Can you help me with what I need on both sides of the carb. The linkage on one side and the other I think is part of the choke system with it being attached below to the manifold. What you see in the pictures is what I have. Do you sell this stuff? Or, where can I purchase ?
Thanks greatly for your help,
Rich

Offline Shark Racer

• Jet Head
Re: I need carb linkage
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 08:08:41 PM »
Looks like you need a throttle cable stud, choke element, throttle spring and links.

If you need help setting anything up locally, I'm located in the bay area. Never set up a divorced choke, but I do know the carbs pretty well otherwise. :)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 04:00:58 AM »
The carb is missing the throttle bracket, which are still readily available, several sellers have them on Ebay.

I don't have any divorced chokes or links left, but they are still available as well thru websites that are dedicated to selling Pontiac parts.....Cliff

Offline richreilley

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 05:24:04 PM »
Thanks for you much needed help Cliff, I will look into it and let you know,
Rich

Offline richreilley

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 05:28:55 PM »
Thanks to you also, Shark Racer...
Rich