Author Topic: quadrajet 200r4  (Read 5078 times)

Offline cooz65

quadrajet 200r4
« on: June 20, 2013, 12:08:13 PM »
Hey guys, I know this is a covered topic, but I just need a little bit more help. I just got done installing a 200r4 into my 65 elky and now need some help on getting the tv cable hooked up. My quadrajet # is 17059206 which according to bowtieoverdrives is essentially a edelbrock 1903.Here is a picture of the linkage

and another from off the web

I talked with cliff earlier today, this an awesome place for these carbs, and he was a lot of help! That stud on the bottom was meant for a t.h. 350 kick down cable and not the tv cable. He talked about slotting the hole on the bottom stud for some adjustability as the geometry for a tv cable and kick down cable is very close. Here is a picture of a bracket that I bought from tci auto for the the cable to slide into.

the problem is that the plunger is already being engaged at idle and it bottoms out before I hit WOT. This is with the cable adjusted all the way out and so I have no more play in the cable. This is all with the TV cable hooked up to that bottom stud.

I have looked into the tv made ez kit, but to be honest, I didn't want to spend the $130 on a kit. What have you guys done to fix this. This seemed to be the place to go for all you quadrajet lovers! any help/ PICTURES (I love pictures!!!) is greatly appreciated guys!

Offline Shark Racer

• Jet Head
Re: quadrajet 200r4
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 01:34:13 PM »
You have to get the geometry right on the pickup point for the TV cable or your line pressures will not increase proportionately to throttle angle.

Cliff wrote the book on this one. literally. I bet he has some info. :)

http://www.cliffshighperformance.dreamhosters.com/buy_book_all.html

Offline Shark Racer

• Jet Head
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »
Another thing worth noting is that there were carbs (80's Monte Carlo) that had the correct throttle linkage for a 2004R from the factory. You could get the throttle shaft and bracketry off of one of those.

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 02:47:06 PM »
Hey guys, I know this is a covered topic, but I just need a little bit more help. I just got done installing a 200r4 into my 65 elky and now need some help on getting the tv cable hooked up. My quadrajet # is 17059206 which according to bowtieoverdrives is essentially a edelbrock 1903.Here is a picture of the linkage

and another from off the web

I talked with cliff earlier today, this an awesome place for these carbs, and he was a lot of help! That stud on the bottom was meant for a t.h. 350 kick down cable and not the tv cable. He talked about slotting the hole on the bottom stud for some adjustability as the geometry for a tv cable and kick down cable is very close. Here is a picture of a bracket that I bought from tci auto for the the cable to slide into.

the problem is that the plunger is already being engaged at idle and it bottoms out before I hit WOT. This is with the cable adjusted all the way out and so I have no more play in the cable. This is all with the TV cable hooked up to that bottom stud.

I have looked into the tv made ez kit, but to be honest, I didn't want to spend the $130 on a kit. What have you guys done to fix this. This seemed to be the place to go for all you quadrajet lovers! any help/ PICTURES (I love pictures!!!) is greatly appreciated guys!

Cliff is the man! Great guy to talk to. He might have some insight on this. :)
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline 77cruiser

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 05:01:43 AM »
If you can get a longer TV cable it would be fine.
Jim