Author Topic: Transmission Question for Cliff  (Read 2356 times)

Offline 78anniversary

• Garage guy
Transmission Question for Cliff
« on: August 08, 2014, 06:31:52 AM »
Hello, I know this is a Q-J forum, but know Cliff is a trans guru also.  I have a 2004r in a 78 corvette.  Having shift problems.  It started out with late, sticky shifts, now it wont shift at all out of first gear.  Trans shop suspects a stuck Throttle valve and suggested a transgo shift kit, valve body rebuild kit.  I was wondering if there is an updated throttle valve available also?  I have looked on the Sonnax website and find a new plunger and sleeve, but no throttle valve.

thanks
Brian

Offline 77cruiser

• Qjet Hero
Re: Transmission Question for Cliff
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 06:59:03 AM »
Doesn't take much debris to stick a trans valve, I'd pull the pan & see what it looks like for material in the bottom.
Jim

Offline 78anniversary

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 02:55:11 AM »
A little more info, the pressure gauge shows 110 PSI at idle in park.  Pulling the TV cable all the way out only increases pressure to 130.  Seems like the pressure should be lower at idle when the cable is fully relaxed....

Sounds like the TV valve is partially engaged maybe?

Any thoughts?

Offline 77cruiser

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 05:02:16 AM »
Try putting it in reverse the parking brake on running & work the TV cable max to min several times to see if it will free up.
Sometimes it works.
Jim

Offline Marx3

• Jet Head
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 02:56:21 PM »
had a Delta 88 recently that would not shift right either. It would shift 1-2 at 35 mph, and 2-3 at 55 mph.
I turned out the spring loaded "needle" that sits in a small hole right near the throttlevalve piston had fallen out. I put it back in with the spring correctly in place and the transmission shifted perfectly normal after this.
Dont know if this is your problem, but it sounds like you have line pressure problems.
I would also recommend you drop the pan and check to see if everything is allright and in the right place.
200's are very dependant on the TV operating correct.