Author Topic: Quadrajet Inline Filter to in Carb Screen Filter...  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Jeff K

• Garage guy
Quadrajet Inline Filter to in Carb Screen Filter...
« on: January 04, 2015, 07:46:17 AM »
I want to remove all the hose, clamps and the inline filter that is on the line feeding my Quadrajet... I want to just use a screen style filter (link)...

http://quadrajetparts.com/rochester-quadrajet-parts-quadrajet-fuel-filters-short-mercury-marine-carburetor-fuel-filter-p-433.html

The filter I have now has a 1/4" port that goes to the return line. It is located on a bracket connected to the water pump and it gets real hot..

The car is a 64 Pontiac Bonneville, 462 041 cam, sumped fuel cell, dual 3/8" lines feeding a Carter mechanical fuel pump.. I have no fuel feeding issues now but want to clean things up and run steel tubing with a tee at the pump for the return..

Thoughts?

Thank you....

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Quadrajet Inline Filter to in Carb Screen Filter...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 04:14:57 AM »
I agree with getting rid of all the rubber hose and clamps on the pressure side of the pump.

A filter in the fuel housing works fine, I've ran low 11's with a stock q-jet filter in place.  The factory Marine filters can be used with the short fuel filter housings and are a better choice than a factory short paper filter.

I couldn't get the link to work so not sure what you were trying to show us?

We stock the Marine filters, and new short filter housings if you are using a long one and want to switch it over.....Cliff

Offline Jeff K

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 04:49:32 AM »
The link was to the Marine filter, I'll call when ready to order, I'll need a few other things too.

Thanks for the info!

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 05:21:56 AM »
Cool, we're here 8am-4pm, M-F, doing inventory this week and answering phones...tks....Cliff