Author Topic: Throttle shaft tapping service?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Sigforty

Throttle shaft tapping service?
« on: September 22, 2015, 01:10:08 PM »
Cliff,

Do you offer a service to drill out throttle blade screws and re-tap the holes?  I have a base plate that the throttle blades were removed by the screw heads being ground down.  Is it possible to drill the remaining screw pieces out of the throttle shaft and tap the holes?

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Throttle shaft tapping service?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 01:21:17 PM »
Cliff,

Do you offer a service to drill out throttle blade screws and re-tap the holes?  I have a base plate that the throttle blades were removed by the screw heads being ground down.  Is it possible to drill the remaining screw pieces out of the throttle shaft and tap the holes?

Yes, Cliff does offer that. I once snapped the head off one of the screws on a 2GC and he took it out no problem. But, usually when I drill them out and you find center of screw, usually the drill bit will "walk" the rest of the screw out without having to re-tap the hole. Also, if they are bad enough, he might have to drill/tap next size up. Give him a call and he will set you right up. ;)
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Throttle shaft tapping service?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 03:18:27 AM »
Correct, we see a lot of this sort of thing, and are pretty good at getting them out/repairing the shafts, etc.....Cliff