Author Topic: newbie here  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Overcamber

• Garage guy
newbie here
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:54:54 AM »
Hello everyone, in the 30 years of owning my 86 gmc stepside I am shocked to never have come across the forum or website?..it is Nirvana for me. 
I ordered Cliff 's q-jet manual on the 8th.  I am in ontario canada so it will be a trek getting here.  No worries as the truck is back in winter storage.  I called the shop and left a message early last week and havent heard anything back as of yet regarding getting  my carb rebuilt?  wondering if the shop is closed for a while or what the case is?..will even consider buying a rebuilt for the spring if available..

my carb number is   17086248          its a Canadian truck I bought new in 1986 and have never seen snow i might add
                                  2315 JLH

hope you can help?

cheers
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:58:35 AM by Overcamber »

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: newbie here
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 03:11:57 PM »
Hello everyone, in the 30 years of owning my 86 gmc stepside I am shocked to never have come across the forum or website?..it is Nirvana for me. 
I ordered Cliff 's q-jet manual on the 8th.  I am in ontario canada so it will be a trek getting here.  No worries as the truck is back in winter storage.  I called the shop and left a message early last week and havent heard anything back as of yet regarding getting  my carb rebuilt?  wondering if the shop is closed for a while or what the case is?..will even consider buying a rebuilt for the spring if available..

my carb number is   17086248          its a Canadian truck I bought new in 1986 and have never seen snow i might add
                                  2315 JLH

hope you can help?

cheers

Welcome to CHP!

Glad to have you aboard. Try giving him another call. He is a very busy man. Answering e-mails, calls, working on carburetors, etc. Some people just don't understand that with him and I wish they would give Cliff a break.

Take care! 8)
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Overcamber

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:42 AM »
Ok thanks Ethan
Will do , just glad nothing is wrong

Cheers

Offline Overcamber

• Garage guy
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 04:19:03 PM »
Received my quad manual in the mail today ! All I can say is wow !  Talk about a quality publication . Beautiful pics and info .  No expense was spared in the making of this for sure .

Thanks again

Offline carmantx

• Carb lover
  • Quadrajet Power.com
    • Quadrajet Power
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 06:35:19 AM »
Welcome to the group!  Enjoy reading the book.  Lots of info in there.
'72 Buicks for fun and drag racing
quadrajetpower on facebook

Offline 77cruiser

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 05:49:01 PM »
Welcome & let's see a picture of the truck.
Jim

Offline Overcamber

• Garage guy
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 05:07:07 AM »
Spoke to Ray Klemm this morning at the shop . Real nice guy.  Shipped my carb out yesterday afternoon .  Can't wait .

Offline Overcamber

• Garage guy
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 05:25:06 AM »
Not the best pic but all I have in my phone
Turns out the picture is larger than 600kb and I don't know how to resize it.
If anyone wants to resize it for me I'll email it ?
Thx

Offline dlong70elcamino

• Garage guy
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 12:10:11 AM »
Welcome to the group. The book is great and Cliff knows his stuff.

Offline Overcamber

• Garage guy
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 03:37:38 PM »
thanks, I just sent Cliff and Ethan a PM.. :)

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 11:09:24 AM »
 Here is a photo of Gary's awesome Truck!
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 11:10:18 AM »
 Another.

Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 11:19:27 AM »
 I believe, Gary, this is the Qjet, Cliff, was referring to. It has the reman sticker on it. So, I am guessing he received your carb! Like I have said and I will say it AGAIN, Cliff is a VERY busy man. Working on several carbs, answering phone calls, e-mails, calling customers back and most importantly, family life. PLEASE give him time to work on these carburetors. People think you can do these things overnight (Well, Cliff, probably could) and that is not likely. I am not getting on you, Gary. There have been several members (Not naming people!) on this forum, get upset, because it is too slow for there standards. Well, SOL! Take care, Gary and let me know when you get that beautiful Truck back up and running. Rant over!!!!!!!!!!

Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Overcamber

• Garage guy
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 06:00:54 AM »
Your an awesome member of this forum Ethan.  Thanks for all your trouble and help. ;D

Offline 77cruiser

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 06:42:45 AM »
Nice truck. Used to have a 84 2WD fleetside 8 ft. box. It was rust free when I got it about 92. It was a daily driver & was still nice but we had a major hailstorm come though & the truck was at work, not much I could do but feel sad. After that it went on to beater status, & through 2 teenage drivers who beat the crap out of it.
Wish I still had, & I would not have turned it to a daily driver.
Jim