Author Topic: Parts from cliffs rebuild kit  (Read 2097 times)

Offline 85gmc

Parts from cliffs rebuild kit
« on: March 19, 2016, 07:29:45 PM »
Hi I just ordered the hp rebuild kit from cliff and was wondering what some of the parts do or where they go. Also it comes with 4 power piston springs the one on the far left is the used one that came out of the carb should I use the same size power piston spring? If anyone knows I would greatly apreciate it. Thanks

Offline ykf7b0

• Garage guy
  • Jesus Lives!
Re: Parts from cliffs rebuild kit
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 07:42:48 PM »
Your pics didn't post.  You do know that Cliff is readily available if you need him and I will recommend to you his book if you are doing a rebuild.

Offline carmantx

• Carb lover
  • Quadrajet Power.com
    • Quadrajet Power
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 08:19:04 PM »
Yea, a little hard to help without pictures of your parts you are asking about.  Also post your Quadrajet code number.
'72 Buicks for fun and drag racing
quadrajetpower on facebook

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 05:46:38 AM »
a carb no. and engine specs are going to be needed to get the right help.if you start a project , and the vehicle is running ,i find it the most helpful to get a good vacuum reading before you pull the carb apart . if your changing a bunch of engine parts , cam ,heads , etc. then its worthless.you need to start from scratch. fwiw

Offline Mr.Pontiac

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 11:42:02 AM »
85 my adice, always polish up power piston with crocus cloth to a brillant shine, NEVER use sandpaper, also the bore also. I was always told to start with the lite blue power piston spring.