Author Topic: Missing Sec Fuel Nozzle Tubes  (Read 2670 times)

Offline von

• Carb lover
Missing Sec Fuel Nozzle Tubes
« on: March 14, 2010, 10:02:34 AM »
  I'm working on fixing a reman carb (many problems) that is missing the brass secondary fuel nozzle tubes. Are these sold anywhere or is there a bulk tube size that works and where is it available? If not, how hard are they to remove from a parts carb. I'm guessing maybe heat and some vise grips?

Offline Marx3

• Jet Head
Re: Missing Sec Fuel Nozzle Tubes
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »
In my experience, those tubes come right out. I never had any problems with removing them from any airhorn.

Offline von

• Carb lover
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 10:39:36 AM »
How did you remove them?

Offline omaha

• Jet Head
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 09:41:22 PM »
A little heat from a propane torch. (near the area where they press into the airhorn) I wrap electrcal tape around the lower end so not to mar them (probably not necessary). Also, I modified a set of plain old pliers with kind of a groove (used a carbide tool) that will just kinda grab them without mashing them. they pull right out, (kinda scary how easy some of them pull out).           still sometimes they still seem to get out of shape a bit so this technique could still use some improvement. Cliff probably has some secret trick......what do they call that...........oh, proprietary.........(hehehehe).  just kiddin" Cliff!

Offline Marx3

• Jet Head
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 08:54:01 AM »
I also just use a pair of flatnose pliers. If you turn them a little in their bore, they come rigth out. i have never seen a pair that needed heat.

Omaha: yes, actually, some of them fit so loosely that you suspect they might drop out of the airhorn :-)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 05:11:10 AM »
I have a punch that fits inside them exactly, and with a circular motion they fall right out.

We have new ones if you need any?....Cliff