Author Topic: using the new idle mixture screws  (Read 833 times)

Offline stevef

• Carb lover
using the new idle mixture screws
« on: October 16, 2022, 04:52:25 PM »
My original steel idle mix screws and springs are in bad shape, so I'll be using the new brass screws that came in the HP kit I'm using. Aside from the different material they're made of, is there any difference in the screws? I notice the springs on the new screws are shorter than the stock springs. I have not opened up the holes under them, so no need for shorter springs. Seems like they'll be loose when the screws are screwed out several times for adjustment. I'm thinking getting some stock length springs would be better to keep them tight. I usually reuse my original screws and springs if they're in good shape, but can't this time. Opinions?

Offline qjetsrule

• Carb lover
Re: using the new idle mixture screws
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 04:31:51 PM »
If the idle tubes are correct & the idle discharge port is correctly sized to your application I think 7 turns out on the idle mixture screws would be excessive. You can always stretch the new springs a little to get more length out off them.

Offline stevef

• Carb lover
Re: using the new idle mixture screws
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 07:43:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I agree that 7 turns out would be way excessive. I think you misread... I said "several", not seven  ;) . Good thought about stretching the springs if need be.