Author Topic: 1970 Chevy Pickup with just bought 1969 Quadrajet  (Read 796 times)

Offline drummer79

1970 Chevy Pickup with just bought 1969 Quadrajet
« on: May 29, 2023, 10:15:10 AM »
I'm new here, but been on the phone with Cliff a few times already. I bought myself a 70 C/10 for my birthday present to myself last year, and had it running with the carb that was on it, not running right, but running and idling long enough to know the radiator is good, etc.
I tore apart the pre 68 carb that was a rebuilt unit on it for Cliff to figure out what it was, and he said it was a bad core to bother rebuilding, so I just bought a 7029202 for it.
I also have "the good book" as well, and after reading it I have a question. The carb I took off didn't have the drilled vacuum port for power brakes, neither does the one I bought, so I went and looked under the hood in the rain this morning, and the intake, right behind the carb, has the power brake booster line running straight to the intake manifold. Is that ok? Should I drill and tap my baseplate like in the book? or leave that as it is and focus on the rest of the rebuild?

Offline quadrajam

• Carb lover
Re: 1970 Chevy Pickup with just bought 1969 Quadrajet
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 01:02:52 PM »
Mine has been connected to the intake since forever with no problems.

Offline drummer79

Re: 1970 Chevy Pickup with just bought 1969 Quadrajet
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 05:18:57 PM »
Bushing kit and rebuild kit showed up today, Excited to dig into it and learn and hopefully fine tune this thing to perfection  8)