Author Topic: SR kit - Need to confirm it comes with the round M/C solenoid gasket.    (Read 2323 times)

Offline emarkay

• Garage guy
E4ME - 17084209

SR kit - Need to confirm it comes with the round M/C solenoid gasket.  

If not, who do you recommend  for a rebuild kif that is does not have the common "stamped from rice paper" gaskets, accelerator pump made from used dental rubber bands and "cast from half-empty light beer cans" pump shaft and the like.

I am sure your kits are not of that ilk, but I don't see a specific mention of 198x vintage electronic Q-jets.

Recall we spoke a while back on the issues of getting a rebuilt E4ME carb - that was a fiasco, remember?  Anyways, I  Marine Tex'd my original 17084201 carb -  but did not do the plugs under the base plate, and, apparently one of them is leaking, too - the fuel drains out of the bowl in a day or so. (Other than that, it's a 55K mile original that gives no trouble.)

I got a 17084209 on eBay for $35 bucks that looks dusty but intact, so I want to crack it open and rebuild it. Then I will try to cut away the marine tex on the original carb's baseplate and then get to the other 4 plugs. (Also, what would be the price on a 17084201 base place to throttle body gasket?)

Thanks again for your excellent assistance earlier, and I wanted to ask you first on this current request.

MRK

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:31:53 PM by jamesF »

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
SR kit - Need to confirm it comes with the round M/C solenoid gasket.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 03:11:09 AM »
Yes, our kits have the rubber seal, and the complete upgraded accl pump assemblies with new springs/retainer.  All the gaskets and small parts are included, and a fastener set so you can use one flat blade screwdriver instead of torx bits.....Cliff
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:56:37 AM by jamesF »