Author Topic: Is this correct choke pulloff?  (Read 4099 times)

Offline redman76

• Garage guy
Is this correct choke pulloff?
« on: March 19, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »
I ordered a new choke pulloff with straight vacuum connection to add restriciter, but it points toward the carb and not outward like the one on there.  Should it exit in the same direction.

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Is this correct choke pulloff?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 08:18:56 PM »
I ordered a new choke pulloff with straight vacuum connection to add restriciter, but it points toward the carb and not outward like the one on there.  Should it exit in the same direction.

What is the carb number and I will look for you. Don't think that is the correct one though. :)
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 04:27:54 AM »
It's correct, we supply the straight inlet version as it provides access to the restriction, if needed.  It replaces the bent tube version, same function other than not having the bent tube.  Might have to shorten up the vacuum hose some.....Cliff

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 05:23:25 PM »
 The reason I asked, was because there is one VERY similar, I found searching google, to the one that came off your carb.

Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 04:21:41 AM »
We use and prefer the straight tube model, so there is access to the restriction to adjust the opening rate.  it is a perfect replacement for the bent tube model.....Cliff

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 07:25:34 PM »
We use and prefer the straight tube model, so there is access to the restriction to adjust the opening rate.  it is a perfect replacement for the bent tube model.....Cliff

Ok, that makes sense then. Thanks, Cliff. :)
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)