Author Topic: Ccc help  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Breakneck88

Ccc help
« on: June 17, 2013, 05:36:46 AM »
Ok, I have a 1987 monte Carlo SS with a stock ccc quadrajet. I will be installing a 383 with 9.8:1 and extreme energy 274 cam with vortec heads. I haven't found an exact duplicate of the build but closest I can find runs 8-9 vacuum. I have a core ccc from an 84 Camaro that I'd like to use. Is this possible? Does anyone know what the differences are between the 2 carbs. I was leaning towards recipe #3 so I figured since I am going to modify the carb anyway, and the carb #s interchange between the 2 cars that it shouldn't be that difficult.. 17082204 is the core camaro carb #. The monte carlo carb is on my monte still as a DD. I'm hoping to do the whole motor swap in a weekend so setting up the carb is crucial. What would u suggest as for modifying? I bought your rebuild kit, book, drilled idle tubes, and DA rods. I also have a custom prom burned for the computer. Suggestions? Are the tps and Mc solenoid the same? This will be through a performer rpm manifold with carb adapter.
Cam specs are: 1800-6000 rpm
duration at 50: 230 I 236 E
490 lift both
110 lsa.
I know it's a lot of questions and I have read the book several times. Better safe than sorry. Thanks for the help

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
Re: Ccc help
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 04:05:25 AM »
The computer system isn't going to be happy with that cam choice.  The carb can be made to work fine at idle with that cam just like any other q-jet.  The CCC systems work best when the cam chosen produces a strong vacuum signal.

This doesn't mean that you have to sacrifice power or performance.  We just finished up an engine for an 86 Monte Carlo SS, 355cid about 9.8 to 1 compression and used the GM "Hot" roller cam.  It's a BEAST, and idles really nice, no issues with the CCC system anyplace....Cliff