Author Topic: Where does this come from?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline Marx3

• Jet Head
Where does this come from?
« on: February 02, 2010, 07:48:19 AM »
Hi, I just got my hands on a 17085227
It has
72 jets
50M rods
M hanger
DP sec. rods.

and it has that aneroid or whatever it is called, the electronically controlled thing that sits in the right front corner of the carb.
Otherwise it is completely oldschool, with single main air-bleeds...

this would be good for mild to heavy modification? ( with other jets and rods etc ofcourse )

Offline omaha

• Jet Head
Re: Where does this come from?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 05:37:22 PM »
not sure . Does it have the normal power piston?  If not, it's not as adjustable for street driving.

Offline Marx3

• Jet Head
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 03:35:58 AM »
Yeah it has normal vacuum-operated powerpiston. Thank god!
When I got it I was about to discard it because of the electric tower coming out of the air-horn, but dis-assembly showed it it normal, part from that aneroid.

I have an idea it is a truck-carb from the mid 80's.
But was thinking, since the aneriod is controlled through a 2-pin plug, it could be an on/off device. Maybe it could be used for benefit with some sort of homemade switch...

Offline Cliff Ruggles

• Administrator
  • Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 04:29:58 AM »
Excellent carburetors, some will only have a single rear pull-off, others will have two but only use the rear one to the airflap shaft, and others will have both and use the primary pulloff with a link to the secondary shaft (preferred model).

The solenoid just dumps some accl pump shot when the engine was fully warmed up, disconnect or plug off that system for HP use.  Tune them per the last Chapter on Edelbrock carbs in our book......Cliff

Offline Marx3

• Jet Head
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 07:38:20 AM »
Oh yeah, the rear pull-off is controlling the airflaps!
Tuning per edelbrock in the book: duly noted!

Great, it goes on the shelf, we'll see how long it takes before I need a kit for it
;-)

Thanks!