Author Topic: Boost Pumps  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Mark R

• Garage guy
Boost Pumps
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:23:30 PM »
Hi I was wondering where to buy an electric boost pump to go along with my stock mech. pump.?
My car is running lean at WOT and want to take the fuel supply out of the equation.
It is a sb 350,  S/R torquer heads, dual plane intake, 232* @.050 cam,  1.6 and 1.5 rockers, 2800 stall 3.73 gears, with a 17058284 q-jet with no modifications currently. The car is an 80 Z28.

Thanks             

Offline Schurkey

• Carb lover
Re: Boost Pumps
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 03:34:32 PM »
Hi I was wondering where to buy an electric boost pump to go along with my stock mech. pump.?
My car is running lean at WOT and want to take the fuel supply out of the equation.
It is a sb 350,  S/R torquer heads, dual plane intake, 232* @.050 cam,  1.6 and 1.5 rockers, 2800 stall 3.73 gears, with a 17058284 q-jet with no modifications currently. The car is an 80 Z28.

Thanks             
What is your fuel pressure at WFO when you think it's running lean?
Demand compensation from Communist China for the damage done by the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Lab, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19).  Trillions of dollars, plus direct compensation to individuals for medical bills, and "wrongful death" settlements.

Offline Mark R

• Garage guy
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 06:04:15 PM »
I am not sure of the fuel pressure at WOT but I am going to get a gauge and check that. I am going by the plugs. They are pretty much white after a run and immediate shut down after a pass.

Thanks

Offline Schurkey

• Carb lover
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 12:02:55 PM »
I am not sure of the fuel pressure at WOT but I am going to get a gauge and check that. I am going by the plugs. They are pretty much white after a run and immediate shut down after a pass.

Thanks
Determining fuel ratio by plug color is AT BEST a difficult procedure.  I quit doing it thirty years ago; unleaded fuel didn't color the plugs like the previous leaded stuff.  "White" seemed to be the new "chocolate tan".

Start with fuel pressure--verify you have enough WHEN UNDER LOAD; then either try a wideband O2 sensor-based display unit or jetting changes vs. timeslips.
Demand compensation from Communist China for the damage done by the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Lab, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19).  Trillions of dollars, plus direct compensation to individuals for medical bills, and "wrongful death" settlements.