Author Topic: Mystery Spring  (Read 4618 times)

Offline bentshaft

Mystery Spring
« on: April 20, 2012, 05:42:06 PM »
When I was taking apart te olds carb I found a short spring about 1/4 or 5/16 in diameter and about 1/2 inch long ---I THINK it came from the power psiton---any ideas

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
Re: Mystery Spring
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 06:35:12 PM »
When I was taking apart te olds carb I found a short spring about 1/4 or 5/16 in diameter and about 1/2 inch long ---I THINK it came from the power psiton---any ideas

Welcome to Cliff's High Performance!

Do you have a pic of the spring?

This is what the power piston spring looks like:

Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline bentshaft

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 08:26:09 PM »
no but Ill try and post---my piston is a lot longer--and the spring fits inside the piston---and then i think there was the myatery spring in the botton

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 08:50:33 AM »
ethan what year carb is that spring from ?all mine go in the inside of the power piston. the only other weird spring i have seen is when some boby put a spring on top of the check ball but it was the size of an ink pen spring.dean

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:20:35 AM »
ethan what year carb is that spring from ?all mine go in the inside of the power piston. the only other weird spring i have seen is when some boby put a spring on top of the check ball but it was the size of an ink pen spring.dean

I'm not sure, to be honest. I just did a search on Google and it came with that picture. :-[

Is this the type of power piston/spring your talking about:

Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)

Offline 429bbf

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 10:27:06 AM »
bentshaft you must have a carb with an adjustable APT thats where the spring goes . it should measure .500 long and .300 od.the APT should be just in front of the power piston on 1975 and newer carbs.it goes under the APT to hold pressure on the screw from turning when your driving.what is the carb no?dean

Offline 73 Z28

• Carb lover
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »
Welcome to Cliff's High Performance!

Do you have a pic of the spring?

This is what the power piston spring looks like:

The spring in that picture actually goes under the accel pump. and is not a power piston spring.
Paul

Offline Ethan1

• Qjet Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 12:50:20 PM »
The spring in that picture actually goes under the accel pump. and is not a power piston spring.
Paul

Yeah, it does. Don't have a clue why that spring is even on the power piston. :o Sorry for giving wrong info guys.
Ethan

1972 Chevelle

(oo______oo)